Learn how to play A-Diminished or Adim Chord properly on the Guitar in this easy step-by-step lesson.
Adim Chord Chart Guitar
How To Play Adim or A Diminished Chord On Guitar
Adim Chord is a 4 String Chord. To Play Adim Chord on Guitar:
- Place Your First Finger on First Fret, Fourth String.
- Place Your Middle Finger on First Fret, Second String.
- Place Your Ring Finger on Second Fret, Third String.
- Fifth String is played open.
- First and Sixth Strings are not played.
Notes In an Adim or A-diminished Chord
Notes played in an Adim Chord are A, C and Eb.
- Root Note A is played on the 5th string and 3rd string.
- C note is played on the 2nd String and is the Minor Third Interval of the A Major scale.
- Eb note is played on the 4th string of the guitar and is a Tritone Interval of the A Major scale.
Diminished Chord Formula
The Diminished chord formula is 1-b3-b5.
A Diminished triad is simply the major triad with the Third and Fifth Intervals flattened by a semitone (half-step).
To play an Adim triad chord, the Root, Minor Third Interval and Minor Sixth Interval of an A Major Scale are played together.
A Diminished / Adim Chord Variations or Different Shapes
Adim Chord On Stave
Adim Chord Guitar Tabs