Learn how to play A-Suspended or Asus2 Chord properly on the Guitar in this easy step-by-step lesson.
Asus2 Chord Chart Guitar
How To Play Asus2 or A Suspended Chord On Guitar
Asus2 Chord is a 5 String Chord. To Play Asus2 Chord on Guitar:
- Place Your Index Finger on Second Fret, Fourth String.
- Place Your Middle Finger on Second Fret, Third String.
- First String, Second String, and Fifth String are played open.
- Sixth String is generally not played, but you can play it open as well.
To learn about Intervals and Music Theory, check out this lesson.
Notes In an Asus2 or A-Suspended Chord
Notes played in an Asus2 Chord are A, B and E.
- Root Note A is played on the 5th string and 3rd string.
- B note is played on the 2nd String and is the Major Second Interval of the A Major scale.
- E note is played on the 4th and 1st strings of the guitar and is a Perfect Fifth Interval of the A Major scale.
Suspended Second Chord Formula
Suspended Second or Sus2 chord formula is 1-2-5 or R-M2-P5.
A Suspended Second or Sus2 triad is simply the major triad with the Third Interval flattened by a whole tone (whole-step).
To play an Asus2 chord, the Root, Major Second Interval and Perfect Fifth Interval of an A Major Scale are played together.
A Suspended / Asus2 Chord Variations or Different Shapes
Asus2 Chord On Stave
Asus2 Chord Guitar Tabs