Learn how to play A-Suspended4 or Asus4 Chord properly on the Guitar in this easy step-by-step lesson.
Asus4 Chord Chart Guitar
How To Play Asus4 or A-Suspended 4 Chord On Guitar
Asus4 Chord is a 5 String Chord. To Play Asus4 Chord on Guitar:
- Place Your Index Finger on Second Fret, Fourth String.
- Place Your Middle Finger on Second Fret, Third String.
- Place Your Ring Finger on Third Fret, Second String.
- First String and Fifth String are played open.
- Sixth String is generally not played, but you can play it open as well.
To learn about Intervals and Music Theory, check out this lesson.
Notes In an Asus4 or A-Suspended Chord
Notes played in an Asus4 Chord are A, D and E.
- Root Note A is played on the 5th string and 3rd string.
- D note is played on the 2nd String and is the Major Fourth Interval of the A Major scale.
- E note is played on the 4th and 1st strings of the guitar and is a Perfect Fifth Interval of the A Major scale.
Suspended Fourth Chord Formula
Suspended Fourth or Sus4 chord formula is 1-4-5 or R-M4-P5.
A Suspended Fourth or Sus4 is simply the major triad with the Third Interval raised by a whole tone (whole-step).
To play an Asus4 chord, the Root, Major Fourth Interval and Perfect Fifth Interval of an A Major Scale are played together.
A Suspended / Asus4 Chord Variations or Different Shapes
Asus4 Chord On Stave
Asus4 Chord Guitar Tabs