Learn how to play B Minor chord or Bm Chord properly on the guitar in this easy step-by-step tutorial.
B Minor or Bm Chord Chart Guitar
How To Play Bm Chord On Guitar
B Minor Chord is a 5 String Chord. To Play B Minor Chord:
- Bar with your Index Finger across First to Fifth String on Second Fret.
- Place Your Middle Finger on the Second Fret of the Second String.
- Place Your Ring Finger on Fourth Fret, Fourth String.
- Place Your Pinky Finger on Fourth Fret, Fifth String.
- Sixth String is Not Played in Bm Chord.
How To Play B Minor Chord Properly
The most common issue while playing an B Minor chord is fret buzz. To remove fret buzz, make sure you are pressing the frets with adequate pressure and your fingers are fretted properly. Make sure your fingers do not touch open strings.
To Learn How To Play Chords, Watch This Lesson.
Notes In Bm Chord
Notes played in B Minor Chord are A-C-E.
- Root Note B is played on strings 5th and 3rd.
- D note is played on the 2nd string and is the Minor Third Interval of the B Major scale.
- F# note is played on the 4th and 1st strings of the guitar and is a Perfect Fifth interval of the B Major Scale.
B Minor Chord Formula
B Minor chord formula is 1-m3-5 or 1-b3-5.
To play an B Minor chord, the Root, Minor Third Interval and Perfect Fifth Interval of an A Major Scale are played together.
Accordingly, notes played in B Minor Chord are B-D-F#.
To learn about Intervals and Music Theory, check out this lesson.
B Minor Chord Variations/Different Shapes
B Minor Chord Guitar Tabs
B Minor Chord Stave Music Notation
B Minor Chord On Piano